Tuesday 4 March 2014

Make It Yourself : J.Crew Floral Skirt

Before I get into this post, I just want to say a massive thanks to everyone who commented on my last post. It’s nice to know that everyone goes through dips in their sewing now and again and I really appreciated all your lovely, kind words of encouragement!

So, even though my sewing skills seem to be taking a bit of a dive at the moment, my joy of planning is, as always, flying high! I just love spotting pieces which I think can be recreated at home (when not in a funk! lol), quite often for a fraction of the price. So I thought I’d try and share some of these with you from time to time.

Make It Yourself - Kendis Skirt

Today is all about the gorgeous floral skirt that Kendi was wearing recently. All details below:

Inspiration:
J.Crew floral skirt (£198!), as seen on Kendi Everyday

Make it Yourself:
Fabric: Floral fabric from Croft Mill (it’s not exact, but it’s pretty close!) £6.50/m
Pattern: New Look 6003, View E (any pencil skirt pattern would do!) £2.99 (currently on sale – woohoo!)

 

Edit: Argh! How typical – unfortunately it appears that Croft Mill have sold out of that lovely fabric…from last week! If you really love it, do keep checking back on their website as I know they sometimes get fabric back in stock. Or – if any of you have spotted the fabric elsewhere give me a shout and I’ll update the post! Apologies, and thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails